Professional Teeth Whitening in Louisville, Colorado
Whitening your teeth is one of the easiest ways to improve your smile. At The Dentist in Louisville, we offer in-office and at-home teeth whitening treatments that are safe and effective. Keep reading to learn more about dental whitening and its benefits in Louisville, Colorado.
What is Teeth Whitening?
Teeth whitening is changing the color of your teeth from yellow and dull to a brighter, more attractive white. People decide to whiten their teeth for many reasons, including preparing for a big event, getting rid of stains on their teeth, and feeling more confident about their looks.
Teeth whitening, also called teeth bleaching, can be accomplished during an appointment at The Dentist in Louisville. Your teeth can also be whitened gradually using at-home whitening kits. Kits can be found in retail and drug stores, but we recommend getting a kit from your cosmetic dentist. Professional whitening with your dentist will be able to offer a stronger, faster-acting product than any over-the-counter products. Additionally, professional whitening is customized to your mouth, which prevents streaks that arise when products that are not customized to your teeth are used.
Methods of Teeth Whitening or Teeth Bleaching
Check out the different options you can choose from to whiten your teeth:
- In-Office Teeth Whitening: Schedule an appointment to get your teeth professionally whitened in only a couple of hours. This option is best when your teeth are in good condition, and you do not suffer from tooth sensitivity.
- At-Home Teeth Whitening: Choose an at-home product that allows you to gently whiten your teeth at home over a period of days or weeks.
- Whitening Toothpaste – Using toothpaste that is designed to whiten your teeth could give you gradual results with minimal fuss.. However, whitening toothpastes are the least effective option because they simply are not in contact with your teeth for long enough periods of time to substantially alter the color of your teeth.
- Whitening Strips – Stick these thin whitening strips onto the fronts of your teeth whenever you have time at home.
- Whitening Trays – Trays customized to fit your teeth are filled with a whitening product. You wear the trays at home when you have a few hours to yourself. Some are designed for overnight use.
- Whitening Gels – Use the gel in your custom-made whitening tray.
It’s always best to discuss any teeth whitening method with your dentist before beginning a treatment. Some products are abrasive and may not be good for certain teeth. Whitening products also tend to cause tooth sensitivity, so if your teeth are already sensitive, your dentist may not recommend any whitening treatment. Other times, if a physical trauma has been experienced, a tooth may experience a pathologic alteration to its color. When this occurs, an entirely different approach to changing the color of the tooth is required. We always investigate the source of a stain before creating a custom treatment plan for you!
What are the Benefits of Whitening Your Teeth?
Whitening your teeth comes with quite a few benefits, including:
- Improved Appearance: Remove stains and discoloration to achieve a brighter, better-looking smile.
- Boosted Self-Confidence: Feeling better about how your smile looks can make it easier for you to interact in social or professional settings.
- Increased Oral Hygiene: If you whiten your teeth, it shows you care about the condition of your teeth. You’ll be more likely to brush and floss regularly to improve your smile and overall dental health.
- Affordable Cosmetic Procedure: Teeth whitening is one of the most budget-friendly ways you can improve the appearance of your teeth.
- Quick and Convenient: Going to the dentist for an in-office whitening procedure produces dramatic results in less time, and it’s pain-free.
- Long-Lasting Results: Although results will vary depending on the method used, personal habits, and diet, teeth whitening treatments could possibly last one or two years.
Who Knew Visiting The Dentist Could Be So Enjoyable?
Short answer: our patients. Come see for yourself today.
What Other Cosmetic Dentistry Options are Available at The Dentist in Louisville?
We are proud to offer a variety of cosmetic dental services to help you feel better about the way your teeth look.
- Veneers: Thin, shell-like veneers are attached to the fronts of your teeth to hide imperfections and give your teeth a consistent look.
- Teeth Whitening: Let us professionally whiten your teeth to remove yellow stains from food, drinks, and tobacco products.
- Cosmetic Bonding: We can add a tooth-colored bonding material to change the shape or size of your teeth for a more consistent appearance.
- White Fillings: No one has to know you have a cavity thanks to white fillings that blend in with the color of your teeth.
- Smile Makeover: We’ll create a custom plan to transform your smile completely!
Contact Us for Any Cosmetic Dentistry Service, Including Teeth Whitening
If you desire a whiter, brighter smile and think teeth whitening is for you, please schedule a consultation at The Dentist in Louisville, located in Louisville, Colorado. Dr. Barta will examine your teeth, explain the options available, and help you decide the best steps to take for a smile that you can be proud to show off to everyone you meet!