Dental Bridge Procedure
- Initial Examination: Your dental journey begins with a comprehensive examination with Dr. Barta. He will examine your oral health, discuss your dental goals, and determine if a dental bridge is the right solution for you.
- Preparing the Abutment Teeth: To ensure a secure foundation for the fixed dental bridge, the abutment teeth adjacent to the gap are prepared. This involves removing a small amount of enamel to make room for the dental crowns that anchor the bridge.
- Taking Impressions: Precise impressions of your teeth are taken to create a custom-made dental bridge that fits perfectly in your mouth.
- Temporary Bridge Placement: While your custom dental bridge is being fabricated, a temporary bridge is placed to protect your prepared teeth and maintain the aesthetics of your smile.
- Final Bridge Placement and Adjustments: Once your custom bridge is ready, you will return to our office for its placement. Dr. Barta will ensure proper fit and alignment, making any necessary adjustments to ensure optimal comfort and functionality. Once the bridge is securely placed, it will be permanently bonded to the abutment teeth.
Is it Painful to Get a Dental Bridge?
We prioritize your comfort and strive to ensure your dental experience is as pain-free as possible. During the dental bridge placement procedure, Dr. Barta will administer local anesthesia to numb the area around the abutment teeth and the surrounding tissues.
After the abutment preparation, as well as the dental bridge placement, it is normal to experience some mild soreness or sensitivity in the treated area. Following proper post-treatment care instructions, maintaining good oral hygiene, and attending regular dental check-ups will help ensure a smooth recovery and long-term success of your dental bridge.
Cost of Dental Bridges
Your dental insurance plan may cover part of your dental bridge treatment. Call our dental office for specific questions about pricing or insurance coverage.