Benefits of a Dental Crown
Dental crowns offer several excellent benefits, including:
- Saves a natural tooth from being extracted
- Reliable, sturdy restoration that supplies protection and stability to your tooth
- Natural-looking appearance, so you can feel confident when you smile
- Restores the function of your tooth, so you can bite and chew properly
- Permanent restoration that feels like a normal tooth
- Long-lasting and very effective at strengthening a weakened tooth
Is It Painful to Get a Dental Crown?
You won’t feel anything during the preparation of your tooth because we numb the area first. Getting the permanent crown placed and cemented in is not painful, either. If your mouth feels sore after the numbness has worn off, you can take over-the-counter pain medication to manage the pain.
Cost of Dental Crowns
Your dental insurance plan may cover part of your dental crown treatment. Call our dental office for specific pricing questions.